Among other things, the report--"Older Workers in Wales"--also calls for :
- the abolition of the offical retirement age;
- training for bosses in how to help staff members to make better choices about retirement;
- the introduction of continental style phased retirement, which avoid an abrupt and “often psychologically damaging” end to a person’s working life;
- setting aside public funds to help older workers adapt their skills, with grants to help older workers in their search for suitable alternative jobs; and
- employers to change their attitudes to flexible and part-time work, while at government level, there should be changes to the state pension regulations to avoid penalising those who stay on in work past the traditional retirement age.