Greengard's recommendations for organizations to address multi-generational challenges are:
- Develop a well-reasoned and balanced technology policy and ensure that employees read and understand it.
- Provide training to workers--particularly older employees who may be well-versed in using email and Web tools, but are lagging in areas such as social media and crowdsourcing.
- Rethink security and threat management. In this regard, forward looking organizations focus heavily on endpoint security and a more holistic protection model.
- a list of five ways to narrow the age gap;
- a case study at UNISYS about bringing one's own device, and
- connecting a multi-generation workforce at a Canadian construction company.