The ALRC considers that the Report’s recommendations, taken together, will provide:
- a coordinated policy response to enabling mature age workforce participation;
- consistency across Commonwealth laws and between Commonwealth and state and territory laws to support mature age workforce participation;
- a reduction in age discrimination;
a greater awareness of mature age workers’ rights and entitlements;
- support for maintaining attachment to the workforce for mature age people; and
- work environments, practices and processes that are appropriate for mature age workers.