- "How Older Workers Can Lighten the Load", a case study of how a program at Abbott Labs gives those 55+ but not yet able to retire a chance to extend their working years at peak pay;
- "How to Reinvent Yourself Post-Recession", advice to older workers on how to pause, take stock, and chart a new course for the second half of life;
- "How Companies are Managing 'Unretirement'", a perspective from Towers Perrin about how leading companies are preparing for the demographic fallout of the current recession;
- "How to Manage Gen U: Generation Unretired", advice for managers to recognize the unique set of opportunities that "Gen U" presents and how to navigate any concerns; and
- "How Companies Manage the Unretired", a video presentation on how, as employees delay retirement, companies must cope with higher costs for benefits and the need to create opportunity.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Business Week Publishes Special Report on the "Unretired"
Business Week has published a special report exploring how--with the financial crisis having forced people to postpone, rethink, or come out of retirement--retaining this talent pool brings both opportunity and challenges for companies. The report includes: