Under ADVANTAGE!, up to $300,000 may be given per company to motivate and enable employers to recruit older workers and to re-employ them beyond age 62 through:
- Job Redesign, such as to defray the cost of equipment, machinery or process review that raise productivity and help older workers.
- Training, such as to equip older workers with new skills, enhance their existing skills, or to help them adjust to new work arrangements;
- Retention Incentive, which can go up to $1,200 per newly hired mature worker aged 40 and above with secondary school education and below over a period of 12 months, or $1,800 over 18 months.
- expanding employment opportunities for older workers;
- enhancing cost competitiveness of older workers;
- raising skills and value of older workers;
- shaping positive perceptions towards older workers